Apply For a Grant!

With the Government’s Help to Heat Scheme, you could be eligible for a grant to install full central heating in your home

Please note – our central heating grants may not provide a completely free system and will only cover 30-60% of the cost of the works depending on your house type and the work involved.  In most cases you, or your landlord, will need to contribute £2,000-3,000 towards the cost of installing the  central heating system.  In some cases we may be able to access additional funding from your local council to cover some or all of this cost.

How do I get a central heating grant? Call 0800 0 246 234 Now!

  • free LPG boilerYour home must be heated by room heaters or storage heaters.  If an existing radiator system is in place or has previously been fitted, we cannot assist
  • You, your tenant, or someone living in your home is in receipt of benefit (see list below)
  • You are a home owner or a private tenant (social housing properties are not eligible) living anywhere in mainland Great Britain
  • If your home is privately rented, it must have an EPC rating of A-E
  • If your home is privately rented and has an EPC of F or G, or has no EPC, we may be able to install central heating, but it must be heated by a ground source heat pump

If you answer “YES” to all of the above, you could be eligible for one of our gas boiler grants!

Am I eligible for a central heating grant?

There are 3 main ways that you could be eligible for one of our oil boiler grants:

  • If you receive qualifying benefits
  • If you are on a low income and have high heating costs*
  • If you have a low income and someone in your home has a long term illness*

*The last 2 options are only available in certain local authority areas, if you are not on benefit but you are on a low income, please get in touch and we will confirm if your local authority area is covered by this scheme

Sorry but the grants are not available for social housing.

Are you on benefit? Call 0800 0 246 234 Now!

Which benefits apply?

You should be eligible if you, or anyone living in your home receives one of these benefits:

  • Pension Guarantee Credit
  • Child or Working Tax Credit
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Universal Credit
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Disability living Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Mobility Supplement
  • Child Benefit (with an income below a certain limit – see below)

For Child Benefit, you must also earn below a certain threshold based on the number of people in your family as per the table below.  You will be required to sign a self declaration to confirm that your income is below one of these thresholds based on your family circumstances.  A child is typically 16 or under and living with you, or under 20 if in approved education, and the income is your combined household income before tax and including all benefits.  For more information on this, and to see the declaration you would have to sign, please click here.

child benefit income thresholds

I am not on benefit but I am on a low income or suffer from an illness, am I eligible?

In some local authority areas it is possible for you to be eligible for the heating grant if you are on a low income and have high heating costs, for example you live in a large home with solid walls, or if you are on a low income and someone in your home suffers from a long term illness which can in some cases include mental health issues.  Currently most of the southwest is covered by this scheme, but local authorities around Britain are also signing up.  If you believe you may fit these criteria please get in touch, we will need to ask you a series of questions and find out which local authority your home comes under.  We will then confirm if we are able to assist you with a heating grant. You can also click here to see a list of local authorities who are known to be taking part in the scheme.

Are park homes and caravans covered by these heating grants?

Yes! Park homes and caravans are eligible a central heating grant subject to the person living in the home being eligible as above and the home not having had a radiator system before.  If the person living in the park home is in benefits their benefits will need to be registered at the address of the park home.  If the benefits are not registered at the park home, we may still be able to help but we will need evidence that the person on benefit lives in the park home such as letters from a bank, council tax bills etc.

To apply or find out more please complete our contact form at the top of this page or call the number below

Click Here to Apply by Email Now!

Find out more on our heating grant FAQ page 

Call Happy Energy now to find out if you qualify.

0800 0 246 234

If you believe you are eligible, you can speed up your application by getting the person who receives the benefits to complete our online eligibility check form here

If your home needs loft and cavity insulation we may also be able to offer this either free or at a reduced rate.

*subject to survey, limited funding, terms and conditions. In some cases the boiler grants are not enough to make the works completely free and a contribution may be required.

Central heating grants from Happy Energy are available for homes across Great Britain

Depending on the size of your home,  our central heating grants may mean that we can offer you a reduced price system,, in most cases the central heating grants are not enough to make the work free and a contribution will be required, but we will confirm this with a free survey.


  • Choose Happy Energy for your boiler works
  • Our local installers are all qualified Gas Safe or Oftec engineers
  • Our engineers are professionals and do their best to keep things neat and tidy during the installation
  • We will look after your boiler for the length of the warranty