Apply For a Grant!

Apply for your cavity wall insulation grant now

If your home was built after 1935 it is likely to have cavity walls and by insulating them you could reduce your heating bills by around 35% saving £150* a year (*Source: Energy savings Trust)

For eligible customers, in most cases the works are completely free but call now and we can confirm what the grant is likely to be based on your home and personal circumstances.

Happy Energy can install bead insulation and all works come with a 25 year guarantee.

To apply for a grant for your free cavity wall insulation please call us to find out more 0800 0 246 234.

Am I eligible for a grant?

There are 3 main ways that you could be eligible for one of our grants:

  • If you receive qualifying benefits
  • If you are on a low income and have high heating costs*
  • If you have a low income and someone in your home has a long term illness*

*The last 2 options are only available in certain local authority areas, if you are not on benefit but you are on a low income, please get in touch and we will confirm if your local authority area is covered by this scheme

Sorry but the grants are not available for social housing.

Which benefits apply?

You should be eligible if you, or anyone living in your home receives one of these benefits:

  • Pension Guarantee Credit
  • Child or Working Tax Credit
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Universal Credit
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Disability living Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Mobility Supplement
  • Child Benefit (with an income below a certain limit – see below)

For Child Benefit, you must also earn below a certain threshold based on the number of people in your family as per the table below.  You will be required to sign a self declaration to confirm that your income is below one of these thresholds based on your family circumstances.  A child is typically 16 or under and living with you, or under 20 if in approved education, and the income is your combined household income before tax and including all benefits.  For more information on this, and to see the declaration you would have to sign, please click here.

child benefit income thresholds

I am not on benefit but I am on a low income or suffer from an illness, am I eligible?

In some local authority areas it is possible for you to be eligible for the grant if you are on a low income and have high heating costs, for example you live in a large home with solid walls, or if you are on a low income and someone in your home suffers from a long term illness which can in some cases include mental health issues.  Currently most of the southwest is covered by this scheme, but local authorities around Britain are also signing up.  If you believe you may fit these criteria please get in touch, we will need to ask you a series of questions and find out which local authority your home comes under.  We will then confirm if we are able to assist you with a heating grant. You can also click here to see a list of local authorities who are known to be taking part in the scheme.

Why choose Happy Energy for your cavity wall insulation?

  • Fully accredited and trained installers
  • Free no obligation Happy Energy efficiency consultation
  • Works completed in less than one day
  • 25 year insurance backed warranty
Find out more
Why choose Happy Energy for your cavity wall insulation?